This site is dedicated to the supporters of Jordan Cullen's quest to race Cyclocross in Europe during the 2011-2012 Season.

Monday, December 26, 2011

A Tough Day at Zolder

Jordan on the log pavement stretch. Photo by Tom Robertson.

Today's race was at the Zolder Circuit. This course is one of the faster ones that we are doing on this trip with a long road section and a few steep, rutted drops.
I went into the race not really having any expectations because I was feeling very tired and fatigued during my warm-up. I had a decent initial start but once we got going I had no speed and went right to last place.
I picked up a spot or two on the next road section but the next riders were already a ways ahead of us. I was feeling terrible and was just trying to ride as well as I could.
After two laps I wasn't feeling any better and continued losing time so I chose to save myself for the remaining races and pulled out.
I am super disappointed with how I did here and really hope I can have at least one good race when I'm over here. My next race is Wednesday at Loenhout

No comments:

Post a Comment