This site is dedicated to the supporters of Jordan Cullen's quest to race Cyclocross in Europe during the 2011-2012 Season.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Diegem Superprestiege

Last night we raced in Diegem. It's one of the oldest Superprestieges and a super cool one too.
The course was a little muddy but had very long road climb, paved downhill, and a sandpit.
I had a very bad start at was nearing the back of the pack. I started chasing pretty hard to catch as many guys as I could.
Mid-way through the race I had made up a lot of places but I was still quite a ways back. I switched bikes with two laps left to get a clean bike with no mud on it.
After switching I made up a few more spots. On the final lap up the long road climb I totally blew up and lost several places. I tried to salvage as much as I could and came across the line for 49th.
I am pretty dissapointed with my start at this race and I really hope to make up for it on Monday at Zolder!

Full Diegem Results here

No comments:

Post a Comment