This site is dedicated to the supporters of Jordan Cullen's quest to race Cyclocross in Europe during the 2011-2012 Season.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Bend USGP


This weekend I headed to Bend, Oregon for the final two races in the USGP. I was really looking forward to racing in Bend again this year because the town is so awesome. Unfortunately, the weekend after Jingle Cross I got sick again and I was still feeling it this weekend.
This course on the first day was pretty cool with a good mix of power and technical sections, and it was super dry and dusty. I had a pretty good start on the first day and was fourth into the first corner. I started fading about half a lap in and just tried to stay in the top 10.
With 3 laps to go I was riding with my teammate Zack Gould when I flatted and had to switch bikes. After switching I never really go my rhythm back and rode the last three laps solo into 7th place.
The second day's course was relatively unchanged and was just as dry as yesterday. I had about the same start as yesterday but stayed in contact with the front group a little longer.
After a lap I was riding alone in 6th place with a solid gap to both 5th place in front, and 7th place behind me. I just kept riding tempo for the rest of the race and came in for 6th.
I was a little disappointed to be sick again for another big race but that's just part of racing. I'm super excited to leave for EuroCross Camp on Thursday for some awesome European race experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment