This site is dedicated to the supporters of Jordan Cullen's quest to race Cyclocross in Europe during the 2011-2012 Season.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Jackson Meadows/Green Acres


Saturday morning I headed up to Marine for the Jackson Meadows cross race. I raced the juniors race and I really liked the course and thought it had some good flow.
The following day was the Green Acres cross race. I really wanted to do well here because I had not raced there for several years. The course was pretty hard but it also had some wonderful rhythm to it.
I finally had a good start today and got right into my pedal. For the next few laps the lead group consisted of Pat Lemieux, Cj Faulkner, and myself all going for the win. After the third lap I put in a pretty hard effort to get a gap and try to hold Pat and Cj off.
For the next several laps I rode a pretty high tempo to keep Cj at bay. I held the gap at about 20 seconds until the last lap Cj brought it all the way down to 10 seconds. I had to drill it pretty hard through the last several sections to keep Cj from catching me and I was able to stay away.
All in all it was a great race but I am super bummed out that Adam Bergman was not able to race since he broke both collarbones on saturday. Hope you heal fast Adam!!

No comments:

Post a Comment