This site is dedicated to the supporters of Jordan Cullen's quest to race Cyclocross in Europe during the 2011-2012 Season.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Baker Orchard


This race is one of my favorite venues. I love the atmosphere at the orchard. The course is pretty sweet too because it is so wide open and a sand pit was added this year.
I was called to the line first because I was last years winner. I was hoping to have a good result again this year but it was clearly not meant to be.
From the start my brake got jammed into my rear wheel so I needed to stop to fix it. After I fixed that I started chasing again in an attempt to salvage a result. On the same lap, through the sand pit a rider went down in front of me and I piled into them at full speed. Our bikes were super tangled up and when we finally got them separated I noticed that my tire was shredded. I had just passed the pit so I ran half of the lap and switched to my pit bike.
Once I had switched bikes I was 4 and a half minutes down coming through the finish so I started chasing to just get a solid workout in. I started catching people and was riding into the top 10 with a lap to go when, guess what, another flat! There was only half a lap left so I just shouldered my bike and ran to the finish. I more or less just laughed this race off because of all the stuff that happened during the race.
Don't forget my fundraiser is this Friday at the Fix. I hope to see a you guys there and there will be tons of food, fun, and a silent auction

No comments:

Post a Comment