This site is dedicated to the supporters of Jordan Cullen's quest to race Cyclocross in Europe during the 2011-2012 Season.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Cross Night


I was really looking forward to this race not only because it is organized so well, but its a twilight race! The course was super fast and had some great features.
For the first few laps a group of four consisting of myself, Pat Lemieux, CJ Faulker, and Josh Roeser. We kept riding a pretty hard tempo and we had a pretty solid gap when I flatted with 7 to go.
After I switched bikes I just focused on picking up time on the people in front of me. With 5 laps to go I had chased up to the group of 5 battling for 3rd place. I attacked the group several times and eventually with 2 to go Jesse Reients and myself got away.
For the remainder of the race I let Jesse pull and on the last lap through the barriers I went through them pretty hot. I got a gap on Jesse but I still had to sprint pretty hard to stay in front of him.
Besides flatting today I really enjoyed today's race and I'm super pumped that we have a night race on the calendar!

No comments:

Post a Comment