This site is dedicated to the supporters of Jordan Cullen's quest to race Cyclocross in Europe during the 2011-2012 Season.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Louisville USGP


I went down to Louisville this weekend for the Derby City Cup. I was hoping to have good results, but I knew that being sick would make that very tough.

On the first day I had a decent start, but no top end, so I quickly slipped back in to around 15th. I decided to just try to make the best out of this race. I began chasing. With two laps to go, I was in a group of 2 going for 9th and 10th.
We were evenly matched. With one lap to go, I switched to a bike with much higher pressure in the tires, in the hopes of having a sprint finish. Once I had switched bikes, I accidentally let a small gap go. I was unable to close the gap so I ended up 10th place. I am pretty happy with having had a result like this because I am sick.

The next day I knew I would have to be super conservative because I knew I hadn't fully recovered from the previous day. I had the same kind of start today. I started chasing again slowly so I wouldn't blow up super early. With one lap to go, I was sitting in 11th with a small gap to 10th and a small gap to 12th. I tried pretty hard to try to catch 10th, but I was unable to. I stayed ahead of 12th place.
I am a little disappointed with my performance this weekend but, I know with some rest, things will be back on track in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment