This site is dedicated to the supporters of Jordan Cullen's quest to race Cyclocross in Europe during the 2011-2012 Season.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Cincinnati Weekend

Clif Bar Devo Jr 17-18 Team - Cullen, Downing, Godby, White, and Gould
Dave Towle and Me

I headed down to Cincinnati this past weekend, where the UCI races were being held. I was really hoping to get some UCI points. These points would help me get a call up at other UCI races and nationals.
Saturday's course was pretty cool with quite a bit of technical features around some trees. I did not have a great start so I started chasing. Half way through the first lap I was taking the inside line of a turn and clipped my hand on a tree. I continued to chase and with 2 laps to go I was in a group of 4 contending for fourth place.
I attacked on the finish stretch with 1 lap to go. I was able to maintain my gap all the way to the finish. I am really happy that I was able to get some UCI points today.
Sunday's course was much harder with several muddy sections, lots of off-camber, and tons of elevation change. I had another bad start today, but I was able to chase up to the top 5 within the first lap.
I started to fade a little with two laps to go. I was riding in fourth place with Cypress Gorry, when I nailed a rut in a muddy section and went down. Cypress slipped away from me here and I rode the last two laps at a hard tempo and rolled in for fifth place.
I am super happy that I was able to get UCI points this weekend! I am really looking forward to racing in Louisville this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment