This site is dedicated to the supporters of Jordan Cullen's quest to race Cyclocross in Europe during the 2011-2012 Season.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Jingle Cross Rock


Jingle Cross is one of my favorite racing weekends all year, especially the Friday night race!

I had a pretty good start on Friday. I was able to hit the front early on and had a pretty good gap going up Mount Krumpit. With the gap growing the rest of the race, I was able to come in solo for the finish. I was super happy to have won the night race and I was really looking forward to the rest of the weekend.

One of the major changes to the course on Saturday was they threw in a tricky decent that everyone had to run down. The rest of the course mostly remained unchanged. I had another good start and got to the front early. I opted to ride up Mount Krumpit on the first lap while Jeff Kluck ran. Running seemed much quicker and on the way down I also ran. I got a small gap running down the hill, and I attacked hard here and got a gap of about 20 seconds for the next 2 laps. Jeff kept me super close up until 2 to go when I ran up and down Mount Krumpit as hard as I could. Once I got a comfortable gap I was careful not to push it too hard on certain parts of the course. I was able to solo in once again and I'm really glad I was able to win again!

Sunday's race was solidly muddy. I was planning on switching bikes often not only to get a clean ride, but because pitting was faster than riding out of the pit. I had a very good start and I was able to get the holeshot. I rode one of the muddier sections that most people were running and got a solid gap there. I continued to ride tempo while switching bikes every lap. I was able to solo in for the finish once again today. I am beyond pumped to repeat as a triple winner this year! I can't wait to come back here next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment